Monday 19 October 2009

Film Review: I Love You Man

I Love You Man: Paul Rudd is the man! He is the man that we all love. This film should be called I Love You Paul Rudd. In my eyes he really can do no wrong -i'd say i enjoyed this more than Role Models and i really fucking enjoyed that! The banter between him and Segal is something so realistic its hard to put it into words -the scenes where they're trying to invent their own cool sayings to finish off conversations and Rudd is embarrasingly awful at it reminds me of past encounters and brings up tearful cringeworthy memories. "Its cool to be hip but its hip to be square" would be one past attempt at trying. I really enjoyed this film so much so that i put it on at about 3 am one night and myself and the ladyfriend loved it so much that we stayed awake throughout. I reckon that the sign of a good film is when you put it on when you're shockingly tired but because of its awesomeness it wont actually let you go to sleep and instead catches you and brings you along for the ride. The last film to do that when i was tired was The Mist and that had me sitting up in my bed at about 6 in the morning going "What the f*ck! What The f*ck!!!" now this obviously isnt like that but it did have the same level of entertainment quality that you want from a film - you want to be engaged by it and you want to be throughly entertained and I Love You Man certainly did both for me! I really would urge you to go and catch this an i know there is a lot of debates about how some people can like Superbad/Forgetting Sarah Marshall/Role Models/Pineapple Express well i liked them all and i FUCKING LOVED THIS so put that in your pipe and smoke it. a really fantastically enjoyable comedy full of a great supporting cast, witty banter and a friendship at the core that you can believe in. Good bromantic stuff altogether. 4 / 5

4 comments:

  1. you seemed to need friends nothing new there then! im not reading your crappy reviews though!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and by the way you do loooove the men don`t you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how THIS is the only place you replied to Kevin.

    You trying to tell me something there sunshine?

    ReplyDelete