Tuesday 12 January 2010

Film Review: Fantastic Mr. Fox













































Fantastic Mr. Fox:

Fucking fuckers. I saw the trailer for this and didn't really like the way it was looking so i had it in my head that i wasn't gonna enjoy it but then Baumbauch & Anderson went ahead and fucked up that plan royally by making the fillm, well, fantastic. The bastards!!!
It's really a shockingly, surprisingly, amazingly, delightful little piece of cinematic gold. The voice casting is top-notch, it took me awhile to cop on who the rat, field mouse & sports coach were but once you think of previous Anderson films you can pretty much come to the conclusion that its all the usual suspects popping up.

On a quick side-note, it always takes me fucking ages to recognise voices in any animation/claymation/C.G.I. type-thingy, i mean i'll be sitting watching Kung-Fu Panda or something and instead of really watching the film i'll be trying to figure out who in the f*ck is doing the voice of Master Oogway or something like that. Now while that in itself can be fun - it does take something away from the film if im not giving it my full concentration, and that happened here. I sometimes have to pause the film and check to see who's doing what just so i can watch it in peace afterwards, anyways thats just me.

Back to Fantastic Mr. Fox: I honestly really enjoyed this film waaay more than i thought i would, i shouldn't have been surprised considering it Wes Anderson like but after Where The Wild Things Are (which i enjoyed) i thought this would be the lesser of the two. I was wrong. I can't wait to watch this again - though i don't entirely know if my 5 & 4 year old nieces would sit through it - but i definitely know i will.

A surprisingly great treat of a film. Very good stuff altogether and highly recommended. 4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment