Wednesday 27 January 2010

Film Review: A Cinderella Story



































Do you ever hate yourself for watching something? Well that's how i felt while watching this. In my pathetic defence i was sick in bed and was too poorly to find the remote or even call for assistance to help me search for it. Sad thing is that in my fragile emotional diseased state i found this to be a highly engrossing modern update of the classic Cinderella story.

I found myself hating the evil step-mother and the ugly sisters (who weren't as ugly as they could have / would have / should have been) and i was getting very restless as i felt justice wasn't swift enough in happening. Ms. Duff an the One Tree Hill basketball lad were suitably pretty an weren't as shit as i thought they'd be. The supporting cast was high grade, top-dollar, quality stamp of approval, back-of-the-net, awesome-tastic!

Again though i stress that I was in an emotionally weak place while watching it and it's not my fault that this movie hit all the right places at the right time. From lying in my infected bed I too felt the pain of never being asked to the prom (never had one in Ireland truth be told - but the thought of missing out on it still can hurt though) an i cursed the day true love could not exist.

Of course in the end everything ends happily ever after, obviously. The one bad thing i have to say is that i would've loved to see a bit harsher punishment for the villains, but i'm only nit-picking.

Watch either if you're sick in bed or a young impressionable teenage girl. Enjoyable stuff nonetheless. 3.5 / 5

2 comments:

  1. sounds like me after I watched Showgirls...

    ...the fourth time I watched Showgirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Jesse Spano - who knew she could thrust like that?

    ReplyDelete