Sunday 8 November 2009

Film Review: Paranormal Activity


Paranormal Activity:
Firstly like Chuck d said - 'Don't Believe The Hype'.

Watched it late at night: check
Turned out all the lights: check
Got toastyfried: check
Was in perfect 'oh sh*t' prematurely-scary mood: check
Film was a let-down: check
Film was overhyped: check
Left feelin disappointed by it all: check.

It's a pity like, i reckon hearing the word on the street built it up too much and it just never deliverd for me. I spent the majority of time just waiting for the scares i'd heard so much about " i could only sleep for a few hours", "I was so scared i couldn't close my eyes", "i keep hearing weird sounds" all that jazz. To put it simply - it didn't do it for me. Fair play to the creators and all but, no, just no. I slept like a fuckin baby after it too - in fact i had a delighful sleep. No frights, scares, worrys or fears at all. How disappointing. Bring on the next fuckin scare cos im ready. A half-decent show but Public Enemy knows best. A ho-hum affair. 2 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment