Saturday 17 September 2011

Video Schpiel: In The Cut - The Dark Knight by Christopher Nolan

I always enjoyed Christopher Nolan's The Dark Night while being fully aware it was a good comic book film, what i never took the time to comprehend is that while it is good COMIC book / graphic novel film - it isn't actually a good film at all.

Watching Jim Emerson's critique of it completely blew open my opinion of it - even the simplest things are done woefully. Why not check out part 1 of 3 here and check back to http://blogs.indiewire.com/pressplay/archives/IN_THE_CUT_The_Dark_Knight_by_Christopher_Nolan/# for parts 2 & 3. Either way i hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, this post completely blew my mind!! I did film studies for years and i didn’t even pick this stuff up, i don’t think Stevey B would have either! I suppose i was watchin the film for enjoyment and not critically! I wanna go back now and watch it in a whole new light! I’m definitely gonna checkout the other videos too. Also, i now think Jim Emerson is brilliant, i wanna go up to be like him!! :-DD

    Jeepers, thinkin about it i wouldn’t want him to critically analyse my any of films!!!

    ReplyDelete